Minnesota Liberal

Friday, February 27, 2004

Welcome to the Machine...

Well, this is the first posting for Minnesota Liberal. My name is Jacob Carson (Jay or Jake to those who are more familiar with me). I work for the Minnesota DFL Party as the Communications/Research Intern and devote a good amount of my time pulling my hair out over the state of our community, state, and country. I also tool around the web searching for that one piece of information I must be missing that will explain this mess to me. I still haven't found it, but I believe I have a good understanding of how the system works. I hope to use this forum to provide insight into what is happening and how it affects us. In recent days and weeks, we have begun to see the fight for social equality with same-sex couples marrying in San Francisco, the beginning of the 2004 Presidential Race, and the unraveling of our state/national education systems. It is time we fight back against the Republican machine, and we can only accomplish that by being as well-informed as possible. And so begins my contribution.

|