Minnesota Liberal

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Why does polling rule my opinion?

Recently I have been skiddish over which Democratic candidate I will support... now that it is down to Kerry and Edwards. The question I keep asking myself is, "What am I basing my vote on for a Presidential candidate?" I guess I would have to put the gay marriage issue near the top, closely followed by income tax plans, and voting record on the war in Iraq. I find all of these topics so important, but in the end they don't even matter. If I don't support the candidate that has the best chance of beating Bush, I will have wasted my vote. Which leads me to an even more difficult choice. When put on the spot, I guess I have to go with the man on top of the polls- John Kerry.

I just hope that all of this ends soon. I think we need to start supporting one candidate. Bush is planning to go nuclear with his campaign advertising in the coming weeks, and the Democratic candidate will need to respond quickly.

|