Minnesota Liberal

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

And the winner is...

Congratulations go out to John Kerry, the next Democratic candidate for President. I think he is a good choice to run against Bush. I just feel his voice resonates well with the majority of Americans. Now we can finally begin to organize a unified voice against the Bush administration. I can't wait to see Howard Dean, Dennis Kucinich, John Edwards, Carol Mosely Braun, Al Sharpton, Joseph Lieberman, Bob Graham, Wesley Clark, and the rest of the previous candidates put their support behind Kerry and push things forward.

In honor of the Kerry win you will now find a Kerry 2004 link on my page (as evidence that clearly avoided putting my endorsement on anyone previously- not that anyone would have cared who I endorsed).

The big question now is... who will join to run for Vice-President? Rumor is running rampant about Edwards. In his last few public appearances, the southerner has kindly referred to Kerry as his friend. But who would best compliment the Massachusetts Senator? Personally, I would like to see new face. Not too many people know who this is, but he is a funny Jewish guy named Al. NO! Not Al Gore. He already served two terms as the VP. Al Franken is my choice. (I can hear many of you saying "Oh that would be great" and "That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.") I know this is not really possible - due in part to his new radio show in the works - but a boy can dream, can't he? For a serious candidate, I would look to Congressman Harold Ford, Jr. from Tennessee as a possibility. He is a moderate, young, goodlooking, from the south, African-American, and he endorsed Kerry. There is probably zero chance he will be chosen, but I could see it working well. There will also be talk of Bob Graham, Bill Richardson, Dick Gephardt, and etc.

Let me know who you would like to see as Vice-President.

As of 9:45pm on Tuesday night, 35% of Minnesota precincts have reported their votes on the DFL's homepage. I am amazed to find out that Dennis Kucinich has 19% of the votes. Kerry has 49.4% and Edwards has 26.6%. I would have thought that it would be a little closer between those two.

Am I the only one who finds it annoying when people vote for a candidate that has dropped out? Dean has 344 votes, Lieberman has 16, and Clark has 69. These votes wouldn't really help any of the other candidates out with the percentages like this, but what if the race had been closer? Didn't anyone learn their lesson from Nader 2000?

|