Minnesota Liberal

Saturday, March 20, 2004

The little email that could.

In the latest Republican hypocrisy news...

Please refer to my "Kerry's Defense Team" posting.

Then check out this press release from the MN GOP.

This story by the AP.

And finally this opinion piece in the Crookston Daily Times.

It is really too bad that the DFL "Action Alert" offended a few people. As far as I am concerned, they deserve every darn bit of it's brutal honesty. If they can't take a long hard look at what they have done to this country, I will certainly help point it out to them.

Personally, I have always believed that negative campaign politics are wrong. I think that personal attacks, deceptions, and the misuse of images weakens the hearts and minds of America's voting public. The goal of most political ads is to crush the morale of an opposing candidates supporters, thus helping to kill voter turnout. That is not democracy.

But to expect an even playing field in this landscape of ideology would be ludicrous. Much of political identification is affiliated with peoples views on religion/morality. And people do not weigh those values lightly. I know I am willing to go quite a distance to stop what I believe is "wrong", and quite further to build upon what I know is "right".

Sometimes you just have to say, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore." And that is where I began my contribution. I can no longer just sit and watch conservatives do as they like. Whether any of us like it or not, this is where our country is at. Hopefully I can help make it a better place. Then, maybe, we won't need to always be out for blood.

|